If you are concerned about someone...
- If the individual is in imminent danger, please call 911
- If the individual is a minor, contact CWS: 1-800-367-0166
- If the individual is an adult, contact the DA's Office Victim Services Unit at 805-884-8077
Tips for Talking to Teens...
- Talk to your teens about Human Trafficking website >
- Involve youth in developing “house rules” related to social media, internet, mobile devices, gaming and other networked technologies
- Avoid zero-tolerance policies relating to the use of technology
- Utilize parent/teen “contracts” view sample contracts >
- CDC Guide to parental monitoring view guide >
- Can You See Me?
- Seattle Sex Trafficking Survivor Shares Her Story
- The Face of Human Trafficking - Megan Rheinschild TedX Talk
- Labor Trafficking - Lured by a job, trapped in forced labor
SB County Human Trafficking Task Force
- The Human Trafficking Taskforce works to assess the scope of the problem locally, offer access to training opportunities, develop protocols and improve law enforcement and victim service response. The task force is comprised of state and federal law enforcement agencies, as well as non-profit and faith-based organizations.
- Contact Information: 888-373-7888 - HumanTrafficking@sbsheriff.org - traffickstopsb.org
Good Samaritan Shelter
- The Mission of Good Samaritan Shelter is to provide emergency, transitional and affordable housing with support services to the homeless, those in recovery, and adult survivors of trafficking throughout the Central Coast.
- Contact Information: 805-346-8185 - firstname.lastname@example.org - goodsamaritanshelter.org
- At Noah’s Anchorage, we provide a welcoming and supportive environment for youth ages 12-17 who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, have run away, or are in an unsafe situation. Services are free and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Contact Information: 805-963-8775 - email@example.com - ciymca.org/locations/noahs-anchorage-ymca
- 4Kids2Kids offers a safe house for minors who have survived human trafficking. Our program is designed to assist survivors with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders associated with the trauma of sexual exploitation.
- Contact Information: 805-746-1807 - 4k2konline.com
- Hope Refuge Inc. is a nonprofit organization in Santa Barbara County, California established in 2013 in response to the growing awareness of the crisis in America involving children and young adults who are being trafficked in the commercial sex industry.
- Contact Information: 805-699-6097 - Info@Hoperefuge.org - hoperefuge.org
DA's Office Victim Witness Program
- The Victim Services Unit helps victims from all walks of life and experiences, regardless of age, background, and/or immigration status.
- Contact Information: 805-568-2300 - countyofsb.org
Sexual Assault resources
- [North County] Rape Crisis & Child Protection Center Emergency Hotline: 805-736-7273
- [South County] STESA - Standing Together to End Sexual Assault Emergency Hotline: 805-564-3696
National Human Trafficking Hotline - 24/7
- The National Human Trafficking Hotline connects victims and survivors of sex and labor trafficking with services and supports to get help and stay safe.
- Contact Information: 888-373-7888 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text a message to: BeFree 233 733
- Online Tip Report: humantraffickinghotline.org
Polaris Project: Data, Research, and Resources
- Polaris holds the largest known data set on human trafficking in North America, which grew out of more than a decade of operating the U.S. National Human Trafficking Hotline.
- Contact Information: 888-373-7888 - email@example.com - polarisproject.org