In the News
We invite you to read recent articles and listen to interviews with YouthWell...
- Oct 26, 2022 • Addressing Mental Health Challenges in Youth, with Rachael Steidl from YouthWell • By Keilana Sugano READ >
SANTA MARIA SUN
- Sept 15, 2022 • It's ok to ask for help • Page 15-18. READ >
- Dec 16, 2021 • Connect Families to Mental Health Resources •
Page 15-18 READ >>
- Oct 20, 2021 • Local nonprofit's youth and parent mental health-related workshops are now available in North County • By Taylor O'Connor READ >>
- Sept 23, 2021 • Youth mental health resources in Santa Barbara READ >>
- Nov 16, 2021 • YouthWell’s Success Creates New Opportunities for Mental Health Collaboration • By Jen Best READ >>
- Sept 15, 2021 • YouthWell at Nexus of Community Collaboration for Mental Wellness Support• By Jen Best READ >>
- Sept 6, 2021 • YouthWell Building Collaborative Support System for Youth, Family Mental Wellness• By Jen Best READ >>
PACIFIC COAST BUSINESS TIMES
- Sept 23, 2020 • Mental health groups get $1 million boost from Cottage • By Amber Hair READ >>
What are you hungry for?
- June 4, 2022 PODCAST INTERVIEW• Rachael and Nancy Martz (Apples to Zucchini Cooking School) discuss mental illness versus mental health, and how mental illness and mental health challenges are "invisible illnesses." LISTEN >>
KZSB AM 1290 • Simulcast on FM 96.9
- Feb 9, 2022 RADIO INTERVIEW with Neil Kreisel• About Education with Rachael Steidl & Elise Fields LISTEN >>
RADIO BRONCO • LA MUSICAL • FM RADIO
- March 31, 2021 RADIO INTERVIEW with Jose Fierros • Tips on resources and managing mental health with Rachael Steidl and interpreted by Adriana Marroquin. LISTEN >>
KCBX FM RADIO
- Sept 23, 2020 RADIO INTERVIEW with By Beth Thornton • Issues & Ideas: YouthWell • LISTEN >> [START AT 25:57 / 57:57 for the YouthWell segment]
TV Santa Barbara • The Resource
- Oct 2020 TV INTERVIEW with Teri Jory & Erica Schweitzer • Education during COVID-19 - Episode 3 • LISTEN EPISODE 3 [start at 21:15]
speaking & panels
- 11/16/2022 • SB Featuring Local Non-Profits • Panel Discussion
Hear inspirational stories from the founders of local non-profits. The panel discussion will be moderated by Nicki Parr with panelists... Rachael Steidl, Youthwell -- Marie Corbin, Project Heal of SB -- Lynn Karlson, Women’s Fund of SB -- Victoria Strong, Nevergiveup, Gwendolyn Strong Foundation
ARTS & LECTURES
- 10/23/2020 • An Intimate Conversation with the 19th United States Surgeon General, Vivek H. Murthy • Moderated by Rachael Steidl
SANTA BARBARA FOUNDATION
- 10/23/2020 Coffee and Conversations with Behavioral Health Experts view
- 7/29/2020 • Mental Health & Wellbeing Panel on Facebook Live
Youth Wellness Connection
- The Youth Wellness Connection (YWC) Council and High School Clubs were developed and designed (2016-2020) by Rachael Steidl in collaboration with students from 5 different schools in Santa Barbara, CA. The YWC Council continues under the Mental Wellness Center.
- This high school leadership program educates, empowers, and engages students to become mental health upstanders in order to raise awareness and eliminate stigma.
- Those four years working with more than 300 students provided insight into the importance of prioritizing early intervention and prevention and helped in creating the mission and vision of YouthWell.
2016-2019 YWC Video Recap > • 2019-2020 YWC Video Recap >