Invest in mental health prevention and early intervention.Improve outcomes for youth and their families.
Make a gift today
100% of your donation supports youth mental health and wellness in Santa Barbara County.
PAY BY CHECK:
- Make check payable to: Mental Wellness Center
**IMPORTANT to designate on the memo line: YouthWell
- Mail to: Mental Wellness Center, 617 Garden Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- YouthWell is honored to be a fiscally sponsored project of the
Mental Wellness Center - Tax ID# 95-1962659.
- Contact Rachael Steidl, email@example.com, with any questions.
Please click the button below to confirm if you are sending
a donation or making a pledge so we can track and thank you.
Stats to understand the need
- One of the biggest reasons people don't seek help or support when they are struggling with a mental health challenge is because of the stigma and shame associated with it.
- Santa Barbara County is ranked 18th out of 58 counties in CA for high suicide rates.
- Suicide is 2nd leading cause of death among youth ages 10-24.
- 20% of all youth, ages 13-18 live with a mental health condition.
- 90% of individuals who die by suicide had an underlying mental illness.
- 50% percent of all adults with a mental health illness experienced symptoms by age 14 and 75% emerge by age 24.