Family Care Network, Inc. (FCNI) is a Community-Based Organization, serving San Luis Obispo and Northern Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve birth, fostering, and adoptive families and individuals impacted by trauma related to abuse, neglect, homelessness, chronic poverty and/or unmet mental health needs. Programs are delivered in partnership with public and private agencies and the community.
Independent Living Program (ILP), Santa Barbara County
- The purpose of ILP is to empower current and former foster youth through education/vocational training, life skills training, advocacy, workforce development and community collaboration.
- Program participants work with our ILP Case Managers to learn independent living skills necessary to become self-sufficient adults.
- Program outcomes are evidenced by the following indicators:
- Successfully complete a Transition to Independent Living Plan (TILP)
- Learn the skills necessary to become self-sufficient
- Complete high school and/or successfully enroll in college or vocational training with a goal to secure meaningful long-term employment, financial stability and housing permanency.