Domestic Violence Solutions
DVS is Santa Barbara County’s only full-service provider of 24-hour emergency shelter and services for survivors of domestic violence. We welcome all survivors regardless of race, religion, gender-identity, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.
Crisis & Information Lines:
Trained staff provide counseling, information, referrals, and access to immediate shelter.
DVS provides 24-hour hotlines in:
South County: 805.964.5245
North County: 805.925.2160
Survivors and their children may stay in one of our two confidential emergency shelters for up to 45 days. While there, they receive emotional support, food, clothing, goal planning assistance, advocacy for medical, legal and financial resources, along with any other information and referrals they may need.
Domestic Violence Emergency Response Team (DVERT):
- DVS advocates respond with law enforcement to domestic violence 911 calls and provide victims with support, advocacy, and access to safe, confidential shelter.
Job & Life Skills:
The Job & Life Skills Coordinator helps with the following
- Resume writing and interviewing
- Growing knowledge about financial safety and wellness
- Looking for work and new careers
- Planning financially in order to leave debt behind and planning for the future
Therapy & Counseling:
- DVS offers individual, group, child, and family counseling for emergency shelter and non-residential clients. In addition, community support groups are also offered. Drop-in and consultation services are now available to the public, free of charge.
*Employment and housing assistance
*WE PROVIDE SERVICES IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH*
Primary contact: Jan Campbell, 805-963-4458 x1105
Spanish-speaking contact: Susan Gonzalez, 805-284-4805