CALM’s mission is to prevent childhood trauma, heal children and families and build resilient communities throughout Santa Barbara County.
CALM services are divided into four departments:
1) Early childhood prevention and intervention (prenatal to 9 years old)
2) Childhood trauma treatment (ages 10-18)
3) Intensive family services – Whatever it Takes (WIT), Be Well referrals – higher level of intervention
4) Community strengthening collaborations, pediatric resilience (0-3 years)
In addition, we are currently offering the following parenting classes:
1) Surviving Parenting During Remote Learning in the Time of Covid-19.
2) Sobreviviendo La Crianza De Los Hijos Durante El Aprendizaje A Distancia En La Época De Covid-19.
3) Family Parenting Support Groups – February 1 – March 12, 2021.
4) Trauma Informed Parenting Support Group – February 1 – March 12, 2021.
5) Grupo de Apoyo para Padres de Crianza Temporal – Los grupos comenzarán la semana del 1 de febrero al 12 de marzo de 2021.
6) Healthy Families Group – for mothers that have experienced family violence.
7) Familias Saludables – un grupo para madres que han tenido violencia familiar.
8) Parent Education classes in Spanish.
Please visit https://calm4kids.org/covid-19-resources/ for more information about the above classes.