YouthWell Youth-Based Service Providers Workshop
- DATE: Thursday, September 20, 2018
- TIME: 2:30pm - 5:30pm
- LOCATION: Mental Wellness Center
- HOSTED BY: YouthWell Coalition
IT'S ABOUT THE YOUTH & HELPING THEM ACCESS SERVICES MORE EASILY
- Create an opportunity for staff from different organizations to connect and better understand the other resources that exist on each campus so they can better work together to leverage resources both on and off campus.
- Convene the school Deans of Student Engagement & the FSA Therapists making referrals and connect them with the organizations that will be working on secondary school campuses for 2018-2019 so that they have a better understanding of services when they are making referrals.
- Enhance your facilitator skills through team building activities and learn interactive techniques for engaging students on campus and increase opportunities to connect with students by speaking at their club meetings, classes, etc. (different than one on one counseling or support groups)
- [TBD] Overview of mental health referral process for students AND the school Crisis Response Protocol... Explain the process after a crisis/trauma... when Compassion Centers are convened on campus and Psychological First Aid response is utilized.
- [TBD] Overview from SBUSD on how the Signs of Suicide (SOS) will be implemented on campuses.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Dean of Student Engagement on each secondary (7-12) school campus
Up to 1 Counselor from each secondary school campus
- Organizations with staff working with youth on secondary school campuses...
- FSA (campus therapists)
- Mental Wellness Center (Mental Health Matters instructors, YWC Facilitators, Family Advocate)
- CADA (YSS or equivalent and staff that lead FNL or ClubLive on campus)
- SAFTY (staff that respond to SB South County calls)
- Just Communities (staff that lead trainings and groups on campus or provide class curriculum)
- Hospice (staff that lead support groups and respond to crisis on campus)
- What Is Love
- AHA! (staff that lead PeaceBuilders on campus or provide class curriculum)
- Pacific Pride (staff provide class curriculum or provide any supports on campus)
- CALM (campus therapists on K-6 campus)
- COUNSELING Centers (CCEC, etc)
- FAITH BASED COMMUNITY with large youth outreach groups (ie: Ocean Hills, Calvary, SB Community, etc)